This page includes the videos and slides for our tutorial titled Researching Human Behaviour using Smartphones and Wearables: A Hands‐On Introduction as part of the SBP-BRiMS 2018 Conference held at the Gorge Washington University, Washington, D.C. on July 10th, 2018.
The tutorial starts by covering background information on health behaviour modeling. Then it shows how you can use Ethica to create a study for this purpose, how to enroll participants, and how to monitor the adherence and data quality. Following that, it discusses data analysis and visualization.
Below the video, you can find the link to each part of the talk. Clicking on the link will start the video playback on the specified topic.
The slides for this session can be accessed here.
The following links will start the video on the specified topic:
- How Ethica works (Slide 12)
- Creating a new study (Slide 13)
- Study enrollment types (Slide 15)
- Data sources for the study (Slide 16)
- Participant enrollment (Slide 18)
- Data collection (Slide 20)
- Study modifications (Slide 21)
- Surveys in Ethica (Slide 22)
- User triggered surveys (Slide 24)
- Scheduled triggered surveys (Slide 25)
- Proximity triggered surveys (Slide 26)
- Survey questions (Slide 27)
- Skip patterns and branching (Slide 28)
- Dynamic question content (Slide 29)
- Adherence report (Slide 32)
- Data quantity report (Slide 33)
- Scheduled survey monitoring (Slide 34)
- Data visualization (Slide 35)
- GPS and survey responses data (Slide 36)
- Data export (Slide 38)
- Visualization using Kibana / Vega (Slide 39)
- Data ownership (Slide 41)
- Privacy protection and anonymity (Slide 42)
- Learn more (Slide 43)